Kids at home? Ten great resources to keep them educated and entertained
With schools closed statewide due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, parents face new challenges in keeping kids thinking, playing, moving, and creating during the school day. It can be especially tricky if you’re trying to telework at the same time.
Blue Cross® Blue Shield® of Arizona (BCBSAZ) has curated 10 resources that offer a wide range of tools, activities, and learning opportunities that can help keep your kids engaged.
- ASU Community Resources, a blend of sample learning schedules, grade-level-specific instructional support, and more
- Things to Do with Your Kids At Home Online During the COVID-19 Closures from Tucson Weekly
- Scholastic Learn at Home free resources for grades PreK to 6+
- Student writing prompts inspired by The New York Times
- A curated list of art, science, & tinkering websites from Tinker Lab
- What to do with your kids when schools are canceled from Vox
- How Parents Can Keep Kids Busy (and Learning) in Quarantine from The Atlantic
- 101 FUN Things to do in COVID-19 Isolation from 123Homeschool4me
- A curated list of online educational resources from Amazing Educational Resources
- Social Distancing? 10 Screen-Free Ways to Keep Kids Entertained at Home from Camille Styles
As we take social distancing precautions to avoid the spread of COVID-19, we can also build creative and social connections. From independent activities to family collaborations, choose the ways that work for your family to discover, learn, and enjoy time together at home.
Learn more about navigating life in the time of COVID-19.